Announcing the Black Dog Baits trivia contest:
Jeremy Anderson of Black Dog came up with the 9 questions below to test your bass bait knowledge. He will pick a winner from all of the correct answers this Friday at midnight Pacific Time, and we will announce the winner on Saturday. The prize is a highly-prized and otherwise unavailable 5" Lunker Punker prototype.
How to enter: EMAIL the answers to the 9 questions below to wiredangler (at) gmail (dot) com before Friday night. Make sure to include your name and contact info.
These questions are meant for thought and enjoyment. Good luck to all!
1. What was the bait that Rick Clunn called "the perfect bait" that he used to win the 1986 U.S Open?
2. How many VERSIONS of original Castaic wooden trout were made?
3. What is a "Weller's Classic Minnow" and "Simplex Wiggler"? What
years were they produced?
4. I design Ferrari parts for a living but build the finest quality of tackle for fun. Who am I?
5. What lure designer spent countless hours underwater researching the sound frequencies of his lures in order to duplicate the sound of live bait?
6. What extremely popular lure company started their production by hiring whole families to handcraft its lures in their homes?
7. What lures originally came to the USA from Japan in businessmen's briefcases and sold for up to 100 dollars each? Note: this is before eBay.
8. How did "Bone" become such a popular color?
9. Who arguably designed the first topwater fishing lure for black bass?
I hope you enjoyed the questions and hope to ask more in the future! Good fishing too!
Be sure to send in your answers by Friday March 26!