It’s tough to write this first post, and I’ve been putting it off for weeks, so I’m just going to get it over with.
I’m starting this site, because there’s so much stuff out there about bass fishing, but most of it’s hype or the same old thing. Tournament stats, tackle reviews - there’s a dozen sites. I wanted a site that could have all the stuff that no one’s really talking about. Here’s some idea of what we’ll be focusing on:
- Using technology and the internet to your advantage in angling
- Finding the best non-fishing sites and online tools out there
- Reviewing fishing gadgets as they come out
- Interviews with anglers, fish and game, and locals that live on the lakes you love to fish
- Underwater perspectives on lakes and fisheries
- DIY angling tech: rod wrapping tips, swimbait making how-tos and more
- Pro angling insider tips - advice and perspective on strategy, sponsorships, and the ups and downs of getting started
Who We Are
Mostly, it’s me, Josh St. John. I’m a first year pro bass angler based in Northern California. I’ve been fishing my whole life, and taking on tournaments as an amateur for last few years. I recently landed my first sponsorship through Marine Unlimited in Santa Rosa, and even more recently, my first big bass placement in the worst weather imaginable on Lake Shasta. Among other things, I wrap my own rods and am starting to make my own swimbaits.
Joining me here will be some of my friends and fishing associates, for starters:
Paul Young: competitive free-diver and long time friend, Paul likes to get in the water and under the water more than anything else. I’m hoping to get some great underwater shots from Paul up here as soon as possible.
Joe Hargraeves: behind the tackle desk at Western Sport in San Rafael, and owner of Jig Monster.com, Joe has the insider hookups on all of the big tackle shows and the latest tackle trends
As others pipe up, I’ll introduce them as they come on board.